The two lines!
Yes!
It gives a sudden happy feeling when you find the 2 lines you are looking for.
Then the wait started for our doc appointment to confirm. The words "Congrats Linsu! You are pregnant" was worth the whole 2 weeks of wait!
The 11/11/11 scare!
When many ladies around the world were trying hard to get their babies delivered on 11/11/11, ours thought it was time! Thankfully God showed the red flag to him and said "Dude! You are just 8 weeks old, you still have to stay for another 30 weeks. So hang in there!" Though now we laugh about it and the coincidence of the date, it really was a scary experience!
The first flutter of a heartbeat
The first time I heard my baby's heartbeat is when I really believed I was pregnant, and that the baby is fine inside me. from then on I always looked forward for the checkup dates, when I could hear it again!
Say No to Junk!
Something which was hard for me, and harder for Ratish. No to Dominos, KFC and McDs. Ratish just reminded me of a day when we could not hold it anymore and went ahead ordered Dominos! I managed to say "You have the pizza, I will have just the garlic bread! :(" Thankfully my good friends(senior moms) saved me. one said she could hardly wait for 3months and then she gave in to McDs. Another said, she was careful for the first kid, he ended up being choosy about food, whereas for her second one she ate whatever she could, and the baby girl eats anything that is given to her! Do we need any more prompts to go back and indulge on Dominos! I would say anything is fine as long as you don't overindulge!
The Kicks and the Pulls
With no symptoms of pregnancy, like morning sickness, dizziness and others,my first real feel of the little one inside me was the kicks. The kicks started at 11 in the night regularly and kept going on like till 3 early morning. Morning times were his sleep times, except whenever I called for a team meeting in office!
refreshingly nice to know someone who wanted a baby boy as most ppl we know just want gals!
ReplyDelete